WHY KIDS RUNNING AMERICA?
Today’s youth live in a different world from 30 years ago, Kids Running America offers the much needed programming that allows for today’s youth to move more regularly, get outdoors, and helps to educate what it means to lead a healthy lifestyle now and into their future. Due to budget cuts at the school level, lack of available resources, and affordable physical activity programs, Kids Running America offers the programming means to return our kids to a healthier way of life.
KRA is different in that it offers a long term program at an affordable cost where the participant utilizes our unique virtual map to log and track miles, curriculum based programming to schools and teams, and Final Mile Event celebration for participants.
WHAT IS KIDS RUNNING AMERICA
KRA is a noncompetitive program that allows children to increase their physical activity level in any environment through our various incremental running programs. Programs can be completed individually from home, or as a team through schools and other youth organizations. KRA has developed a goal driven curriculum program where children over time complete either a 26.2-mile marathon or 100 mile ultra.
- Select your program - marathon or ultra
- Sign up for an available program
- Run and track miles on virtual map and online mileage tracking system
- Come to Final Mile Event and run your last mile of completing your goal
- Marathon Program (26.2 miles) over an 8 to 12-week time frame. Best suited for ages 4 to 12.
- Join KRA at one of their Final Mile Events or create your own
- Ultra Program (100 miles) -completed over a 4 month to 9 months. Best suited for ages 10 and up.